FREEDOM IS POSSIBLE
AND IT CAN HAPPEN SOONER THAN YOU MIGHT THINK
How I Left Pornography Behind For Good
For 18 years (from age 14 to 32), pornography was one of MANY ways I tried to cope with boredom, loneliness, stress, anger, and a bunch of other things... and I nearly lost my wife and kids because of it.
It all started with pictures in art books and then got progressively worse until I found myself compulsively looking for more and more extreme stuff without any control over it.
I even ended up in chat rooms and simply could not stop myself no matter how hard I tried or how badly I wanted it gone.
And every time it seemed like I was over it, something would happen. Then I’d find myself right back at the bottom of that pit – feeling stuck, broken, desperate, and alone.
I lost sleep while sneaking peaks late at night. I lost productive hours at school and at work. I was angry a lot and yelled at my kids a ton.
I was also convinced I would never be able to leave it behind me because that's what everyone was telling me. (It’s not true, but no one seemed to know that at the time).
Almost in desperation, I started trying different things on my own to just graduate from all this addiction and suffering. I didn’t want to spend the rest of my life going to meetings, asking forgiveness, feeling stuck.
That’s when I discovered a process that freed me of that nagging desire to go googling for images and that taught me how to delete the images from my mind so they wouldn’t come back.
In short, freedom is possible.
It just takes getting to the root of it and learning a new way of living that makes addiction go away on its own.
Below, I'm going to share with you:
- My wife's perspective on all of this.
- An overview of the process I used first for myself and (now) hundreds of others to find lasting freedom that doesn't require a constant, daily battle to maintain.
- An Introduction to our in-person retreats where you'll be able to work one-on-one with my team and I to finally let go of the things in your life that are keeping you stuck.
- Case studies from others who have been through this process and, optional access to more of my story.
Everyone I spoke with from the years of 12-step programs to online programs and counselors all told me essentially the same story — "Bob, this is something you're going to be dealing with for the rest of your life."
I know they meant well, but that sucked.
I didn't want to spend my life fighting off urges all the time. I was already depressed and sometimes suicidal, and that idea wasn't helping.
Plus, something inside me said that they were missing a huge piece of the puzzle. So I decided to figure things out on my own.
There were 2 key changes I had to make in how I thought about addiction that changed everything for me and became the foundation of the freedom I now get to experience:
- Porn was not the actual problem, but the solution to a much deeper issue and I would never be free of any addiction until I got to the root of it.
- Focusing on working with my body and mind the way they are designed to operate allows me to train them to create happiness, health, and well-being by default even in stressful situations. Hence, fewer triggers and slip-ups!
And in a beautiful turn of events, these same shifts in focus got rid of my depressive swings and suicidal thoughts as well as other things like OCD and anxiety in others.
Below explains this in more depth. You'll also see 2 videos on this page - one breaks down the process in more detail (just below) and the other will give you a glimpse of the in-person retreats we run.
"Porn has no power over me."
"I have won because I have the tools to give myself the power to control my life. Porn has no power over me... I am so thankful for this program. All of the things I have learned I will use for the rest of my life..."
How the Process Works
"The Freedom Formula"
The Choose Your Own Emotion Adventure™ (20-30 days)
20 days worth of online, step-by step guidance to give you the skills and experiences needed to:
- Master your baseline mood
- Rewire your emotional reflexes and reactions
- Wipe out your triggers, worries, and emotionally charged memories
This will build the resiliency needed to tackle the deeper gunk and baggage you'll uncover and dissolve down the road.
20-Day Breath Switch Adventure™
20 days of intensive guided breathwork to:
- Release things that create pressurized stressful situations.
- Dismantle root issues and alleviate long held tension patterns.
- Retrain your nervous system and create a different set point for how you handle difficult situations and triggers.
With better control over the way you breathe, you will have more control over your thoughts, feelings, relationships, and how you respond to the people around you.
Unbroken (20-30 days)
Another 20 mini-missions to:
- Clear out years of built up baggage
- Identify and dissolve root issues
- Shift the focus of your life from fixing what is wrong to nourishing what is right about you and your strengths
We have been building up your emotional resiliency so you can look at these things inside yourself without them scaring you off or controlling you anymore.
Bonus - Mayday Moments™ (7 days)
Take a week and work through this. This will give you:
- 7 Switches to help you shift your mood and mindset (actual tactical tools)
- What Now? tools to help you turn things around in the event you didn't catch it early enough.
You can't retrain your nervous system to default to happiness if you never do anything with it.
A Glimpse At Our Unshackled Retreat
These are intensive 4-day retreats to:
- Find and dissolve the root cause of anything keeping them stuck or suffering.
- Clear your physical body and mind of the weight of past actions, emotions, and baggage through breath, movement, bodywork, and somatic releases.
- Learn the simple skills needed to live free of the constant struggle and allow Life to show up with ease and happiness.
... and also to re-inject play and laughter back into your life so you can rediscover the joy of being alive.
(Retreats for Men and Women are run separately)*
“This program has been the greatest thing that has ever happened to me or my family." -R
What Professionals Are Saying About Our Program
- Misty McIntyre (LMFT)
A Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Sex Therapist, and Georgia board certified.
For more on Misty's work, visit here.
- Paul De Francis
Director at AZ Therapy and Healthcare Management Services. He has piloted addiction and mental health programs for various religious and health institutions.